About Me

My photo
New York City, NY, United States
Traveler, Businessman, Student, Leader, Learner.

December 10, 2010

Tea with pakode at Kasauli- An ultimate tea.

It was a usual morning. I gave a call to one of my friends, Pamma. I asked if he wanted to accompany me to kasauli just to have tea. He just said yes and told me he would get ready in another hour. So I was supposed to reach his place in around 45 minutes. I had my breakfast at my hostel. Taking my gloves, wind cheater and helmet, I left for his place.I reached his place in around 10 minutes at 10:55am. So, we left for Kasauli at around 11:15am.
We then dared through the overly crowded roads of Chandigarh as well as Panchkula, and made it to a place somewhere on the way to Kasauli, which was around 35 kms away from Chandigarh. It was 12pm at that time. Clicked some photographs there.

Then we left at 12:15pm. I was enjoying every bit of the view of that beautiful nature running beside me. The cold breeze that blew around me, gave me an impression as if I were simply flying in the sky. Then at around 12:45pm, we again took some rest and clicked few more pics.



We had covered a distance of 45 kms by then. Then after sometime, we left for Kasauli, as it was the destination to our tea...:)... Then, at 1:30pm we reached Kasauli, around 60kms travelled.
Pamma took me to the tea stall, where he had always had his tea during his summers training in June, 2010. We ordered a piece of Gachak, 2 cups of tea, 250gms matrees and 250gms Pakode. Believe me, the stuff was too delicious to eat and that too in only 35rs. The cool weather added an awesome ambiance to have tea. It was just an awesome experience at that time. We had our tea with some cold air blowing and sometimes sun rays showering upon us.

Having our tea, we then moved to the lower mall to have fish fry there. But, to our surprise, we found that the market would be closed for the next 10 days, so the shop keeper did not keep enough stock of fish. The market is kept closed for 10 days in December every year as a rule made by the army there.
Disheartened, we moved towards a very beautiful trail called 'Gilbert Trail'. Pamma had discovered this trail while for his training in June. We then started off with the trail after parking our bikes. The trail is around 700mtrs long. We found an old person sitting at the corner of the trail reading newspaper. It was a nice view altogether. We kept walking towards the Gilbert Point with Pamma clicking pics all the way.



In no time, we reached the end of the trail. Seriously, it was such a beauty. I was feeling as if in heaven. Pamma left no angle to click the pics at that time. I sat on a bench facing the trench.



Aah! it was a relieving moment. We spent around half an hour there and then moved towards the bikes. The trail was some what risky. But it was good. We, then reached our bikes at around 2:45pm. Then left that place at 3pm.







We started our journey back. We reached Dharampur at 3:20pm. Then I started having a lot of fun driving after Dharampur, as I was curving my bike after about 6 months. Wow! The road was such a nice track for the ride. We reached Jabli at 3:45pm. There, I had mutton and rice while Pamma had Dal and Rice at Modern Dhaba near Mc Donalds. Mutton and Rice were too delicious.
We paid only 120 rupees for both. Then, started our journey way back to Chandigarh. The vehicles on NH21 were driving at speeds no less than 100kmph. I was almost scared to death when a speeding truck just overtook me. Whoa! I took a deep breath n kept moving. Anyways, we reached Chandigarh at 5pm.

*Total Distance- 130km
**Total Expenditure- 300rs per head.

No comments: